The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Take time to remember ...

Memorial Day 2023

Click for the BIG image

Visit a spell at ...

The Legion Hall

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
Second one
Sweet-looking old Stovebolts

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 members (1953 Forever, CarSnob, fixite7, 6571, glanmit, 2-Ton), 135 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums64
Topics129,446
Posts1,067,342
Members46,937
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Peggy M Online OP
Authorized Pest
Oh dear. Last time we had a new calendar was in 2016. not me However, Cafe Press did update the years (but not the images). Last one ordered was in 2021. We've had many emails asking about them over the years ... and yet again.

So, letting you know we have been working on some time and about have it figured out.

Of late, not many on-line printing places that do calendars like we are wanting. We found two that we are working with. thumbs_up

The first company, we finally figure out their program and did a test "Working Bolts" calendar. We ordered on to see if WYSIWYG. My goodness! A nice, good quality calendar and the program offers a bunch of options. Obviously, price is better the more ordered. Shipping was high since we only ordered one.

The other company has a great shipping option. Still working with the program trying to adjust each calendar month with image and data. This shows promise. Hope to have a "camera ready" calendar to order so we can judge the quality of this calendar.

Bottom line: We are doing 2023 calendars! And we are accepting submissions.

Here's what we need for a calendar photo:

++ Digital image should be minimum 300 dpi and 1725 x 1350 pixels (9" x 12"). If it's larger, we can re-size.
++ Make sure the picture shows the majority of your truck -- a little space on all sides helps to keep the truck from bleeding off the page. If your image has a bumper at each edge of the photo, it's too wide ... need to step back. (See images)
++ The best format is .jpg.
++ If you do not have access to a digital image, mail your photograph to Stovebolt, 21642 Rosalie Way, Leonardtown, MD 20650.
++ Keep in mind the portrait of your truck. Some of the nicer images are taken in fields, near barns, on a vacant street, some great sky or color in the background. That's a much better shot than your truck next to the Walmart cart return island. (For a "working" theme, make sure the TRUCK is working.)
++ When taking the picture, keep in mind whether you want your license plate displayed and let us know.
++ We need your first and last name, the model year and make of the truck. If it's a family, group shot, include the names of the people in the photo.

With the Side Lot Bolters growing in numbers, perhaps your group may want to have a calendar of your own. We can add whatever additional info you want on the calendar. Remember, it takes 12 images!

Some sample pix from the Working Bolts test calendar.

Feel free to ask questions.

Attached Images
April Hanback-Josh-1964-Chevrolet -C60-2.jpg (254.61 KB, 315 downloads)
sample pix from the Working Bolts test calendar. Josh Hanback 1964 Chevy C60
cover katzenberger kevin 1966.jpg (151.61 KB, 317 downloads)
sample pix from the Working Bolts test calendar. Kevin Katzenberger 1966 L60
Dec a droege.jpg (249.02 KB, 318 downloads)
Sample pix from Working Bolts 2023 calendar. Matt Droege's 1655 Chevy 6500
Jan x simmons_laurel_o.jpg (176.14 KB, 318 downloads)
Some sample pix from 2023 Working Bolts calendar. Laurel Simmons' 1948 Chevrolet Thriftmaster.
1 boteler_4_o.jpg (413.8 KB, 316 downloads)
Sample pix for 2023 Working Bolt calendar. Mike Boteler's 1956 Chevy 8400 Tow Truck, "Maude" and 1957 Chevrolet 10500 Fire Engine, "Hurdy-Gurty."
Last edited by Peggy M; Wed Nov 30 2022 12:29 AM.

Peggy M
I don't mean to brag, but ... I just put a puzzle together in one day and the box said 2-4 years. grin
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, and that which cannot remain silent." ~ Victor Hugo / 'Les Misérables'
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Would love to send you the first one, but I'd have to ask Pam Conrad for permission. That second one, though.....

http://www.bunchobikes.com/1952suburban517.jpg

http://www.bunchobikes.com/1952suburban513.jpg

Peggy M Online OP
Authorized Pest
Cool Mark. What's the story with the photo?

In one of the calendar options, we can include a sizeable caption to go with the image.

That's why I was asking for neat sayings in Mod F to go in some is those empty spaces. smile

Peggy M
I don't mean to brag, but ... I just put a puzzle together in one day and the box said 2-4 years. grin
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, and that which cannot remain silent." ~ Victor Hugo / 'Les Misérables'
J
Workshop Owner
Ready and willing to place my order. Let's get this ball rolling.

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1969 Chevy C-50 Grain Truck

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

T
'Bolter
Would love a calendar have sent a couple of pics to Peg

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Peggy M Online OP
Authorized Pest
Okay! Pix are coming in. thumbs_up Will be working in here today. I'm glad to have this back in the works. It had always been such fun. wave

Peggy M
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Originally Posted by Peggy M
Cool Mark. What's the story with the photo?

One of the last shows we did with the dragster I restored. This was at the NHRA Finals at Pomona one year, I believe. If not, it was the NHRA Winternationals at Pomona. We spent a lot of time going to shows and using my Burb to push start the dragster. That's how they started them back then.

We used it to tow out next to the track, where we were going to cackle the dragster between or after fuel car rounds. Try to keep the fans in the stands. I asked if I could leave it there as they wanted all non race car stuff out of there. They let me. It sat there for a round of funny car and a round of top fuel. Then we cackled and towed out of the area and went back to the car show area. Funny thing was, we did this stuff from 2012 to 2019. Anyway, the funny thing was, I had been working on the Burb since 2006. You'd think I'd have cleaned all the nooks and crannies by now. When we went out to cackle, there was a huge pile of Arizona dirt that those noisy dragsters had shook out of that thing when they went by. At least 6" tall. I giggled about the whole thing.

Leo Offline
'Bolter
Peggy, I was able to get a few pics of my working truck on the thread in GTT, the one about who uses their truck as a truck. Do you want them sent straight to you?

Peggy M Online OP
Authorized Pest
Leo,

I saw that post. Those are some good shots.

Yes, send them on to me via email. Whatever you've got. (A few at a time ... wink )

Getting some good submissions. grin

Peggy M
J
Workshop Owner
My daughter was hoping to get me a calendar for Christmas. Has any been produced? If not, I'll have her look for another truck calendar.

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1969 Chevy C-50 Grain Truck

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Peggy M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop