It's about time I check in. Been taking advantage of all the information for a few months now.
I recently picked up a well used Canadian 1958 GMC 9384(Chevy 3800) to fill the little bits of spare time I have. It was last driven in 2007 when the previous owner purchased it for a project. After some minor maintenance to the valves I managed to get the motor going on it's own again.
Looking forward to getting back on the road.
Brian
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/11/20235:13 PM. Reason: added more info to the title
Glad to have you out of the closet now! We look forward to tracking your progress and learning from you as you go along. Owning a 1-ton obviously marks you as a well-rounded, erudite, highly intelligent and ruggedly handsome man among men. Just how it seems to me, anyway ...
John
~ John
A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.
1949 Chevrolet 3804 In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum 1973 IH 1310 Dump 1963 Kaiser M38A1 2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie" 2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Be sure to check in with the BC Bolters. You may already know some of your fellow stovebolters in your neck of the woods, but it doesn't hurt to check in there as well.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I love it another 4 eyed Task Force on the site! Glad your sharing your truck with us and welcome to the "BOLT".
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Welcome to the ‘bolt! Nice start to your project as your truck does look solid. I love that bumper!
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Welcome to the 'bolt. It is nice that the truck runs... it might be fun to drive around for a while before tearing it apart..... other than safety stuff like brakes and lights.
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Wecome to the Bolt. Lots of places you can wander around here in this "virtual garage."
The Side Lot is where you'll find the BC Bolters that klhanson was referring to.
The Parking Lot has a bunch of of sections ... and it's where you'll find Tons o' Fun -- "for owners/drivers/aficionados of these unique trucks that aren't light duty, but not quite medium duty, either. We have specific issues and here's the place to discuss 'em!"
Park yourself in a few of these spots.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
I wish with it running I could get it out on the road. I've started working my way through the braking system which seems important in to have in the hills of bc. The next unfortunate hurdle is the put of province inspection it will require before getting it plated. This means much more work to get all the little things back up and going again.
But I'm here now and so far have been able to learn much more then I thought which has been helpful.