I have been here a week or so, thought I should introduce my self. I live in Encinitas all of my life. Then things changed in a hurry when Uncle Sam thought I should spend 4 years in the Navy '64 - '68.
I grew up on Dad's farm. I was always taking things apart, then finally figured out how to put them back together.
I had a lot of vehicles in my past, but will stick to Chevrolets. My first was a 1934 Chevy car. then a couple '55s. then a '57 pickup. My fist new car was a '65. Those are all gone.
Now I have Dad's '54 6400 1 1/2 ton Chevy flat bed. Dad use it on the farm. It has 100 k miles of a hard life.
The truck has been in a shed all it's life.
I inherited a '65 C 10, and a C 20 from my brother, slong with his '56 Chevy car, and '69 Corvette. along with a few no name vehicles.
I am getting the motors running in the trucks, along with 8 flat tires. after setting a lot of years. Both trucks need a lot of attention. I have a weed mowing business I do in the summer time cutting fire brakes.
That's my story, and I am stick to it.
Stan Cole
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/17/20239:29 PM. Reason: Added truck into to title
Hope we can help with your projects. Also, sounds like you have a lot of practical experience to share with us, as well.
Welcome to Stovebolt -- you're home now!
John
~ John
A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.
1949 Chevrolet 3804 In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum 1973 IH 1310 Dump 1963 Kaiser M38A1 2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie" 2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Hope, when you get the chance, you will share some pictures of your trucks. See you in the forums!
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/13/20235:34 PM.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill