Since lead-acid batteries have a shelf life of less than a year between manufacture and being put into service, an "original" would be a very effective paperweight, but that's about all. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
I have looked and looked and looked. The battery toppers and cases all seem to be geared toward 50's and 60's vehicles. The one I posted is from the late 30's early 40's, so I was going to reproduce one... To do so, would be good to have an original master or pattern.
WW2Chevy 1942 Chevrolet G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Army Cargo w/ winch
Well, it appears that Antique Auto Battery in Hudson OH is out of business.
Not surprised. The products were decent but the customer service was absolutely horrible.
Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 10/20/202212:49 AM.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Where is the battery located in a 1942 truck? If its under the floor like the later ones, who's gonna see it?
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)