| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2022 Posts: 8 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2022 Posts: 8 | I've removed, disassembled, and stored the bed a few weeks back. While removing the front clip, I hit a snag. Whoever did body work decided to WELD ON the driver side fender. So that added an hour to pulling the fender, but finally got off and stored. - Notice there is no gap between bottom of fender and cab. They even tack welded the fender to cab along the vertical plane! https://photos.app.goo.gl/MP1gjVRWYfd9gUiD9Engine/trans removed, and scheduled for pickup this weekend along with the suspension, driveshaft and old wheels. Next step is finish rebuilding the C4 suspension (new bushings, ball joints, clean/polish up aluminum), then I'll remove the cab and start in on the frame. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rbc6vKhUKo5PpEtcA | | | | | Joined: Aug 2022 Posts: 8 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2022 Posts: 8 | I had a pretty productive weekend: I finally got the rear drivers side spring removed, which I had to drill/air hammer out the rivets of the mounting bracket. Jerry (a.k.a. Hot Rod Lincoln) and his grandson picked up all the stock components I wasn't going to use. The original engine/trans/rad/suspension/brakes/wheels/tires/steering will all find good homes in his future projects. I started on the front upper/lower control arms of my C4 suspension. I removed the old ball joints and bushings, cleaned the control arms, and started to drill out the upper control arms. Hope to have these control arms done by Friday and then I'll dig into the rear suspension. Before: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TbbpfrkJRpx1RSTr5After (50% complete): https://photos.app.goo.gl/jSVRaLoCC4zumXGo7 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Bryan, no need to post photos in links. You can post directly to your post by following the instructions in the left margin of every page.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 789 Former BMW Rider | | Former BMW Rider Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 789 | Hello Bryan J, Welcome to the Stovebolt! Your '56 GMC Restomod Project' will be of great interest to our forum participants. I'm really looking forward to watching you rebuild the '56. Be sure to ask your questions in the appropriate forum(s). There's a wealth of knowledge here on the SB. I see that you've checked into the Welcome Center and introduced yourself, an excellent first step. Once again, welcome. You're gonna love it here!  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2022 Posts: 8 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2022 Posts: 8 | Thanks - I'll upload photos with my next update, which will probably be tomorrow.
Much appreciated, Bryan | | |
| |
| |