| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,695 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2022 Posts: 557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2022 Posts: 557 | I installed new brake lines on my 54 3100 but couldn't stop the leak at the T fitting at the right side crossmember regardless how tight I made it. Took it back off and inspected it to find one of the small connections had lost the cone that mates with the brake line flare. Durn. I found the pass-thru hole was a 3/32 drill. I drilled some copper sheet and trimmed it. Pushed the drill bit through the fitting, using it for a guide pin and slid the copper washer I made over the bit and into the fitting. Got under the truck and slid the brake line over the drill, started the threads and tightened until I just could remove the drill. Installed the other lines, tightened everything up and Shebang! No more leaks... Thought this may help someone else save another T fitting. They are hard to find. FS had one for 28 bucks plus tax and shipping. Jethro.
~~ Jethro 1954 3100Back to LifeIn the Dity Gallery1951 3100 (gone) / 1956 4400 (still in the neighborhood) / 1957 6400 with dump body (retired) / 1959 3100 panel (in the woods junked) / 1978 Custom Deluxe K10 / 1993 S-10 4.3 / 2004 Chevy Crew Cab / 1945 John Deere H / 1952 John Deere B / 1966 John Deere 2510 / 1967 John Deere 1020 | | | | | Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,496 AD Addict & Tinkerer | | AD Addict & Tinkerer Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,496 | I highly recommend not doing backyard repairs on you braking system. Think about the consequences if your system fails, especially on a single master. Chevs of the Fortys has replacement tee fittings for all of the fittings. Here is a [LINK].
Last edited by Phak1; 09/23/2022 1:16 PM.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc BrakesProject JournalsStovebolt Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |