Below are a few pics of the rear spring assembly that was on my truck. Full set of helper springs. When removed ALL of the perches came off the axle housing with the exception of a “locating strip “ that seems to be riveted to the housing, on the underside of the axle. I have looked at the only pic in the 41-46 shop manual that I see showing the spring assembled to the axle. It looks to me like the perch bolts to the axle in the opposite direction compared to what I currently have.
Do I need to find a set of single spring perches for this axle? Do i remove the “locator strip”, and will I find a locator pin on the axle for the perch? I am installing a 3” drop block and posie drop springs.
Appreciate any info.
"it's only old if you can't find a use for it; otherwise it's cool and i'll use it."
Update. Axles removed and the “locating strips” are riveted to the axle. Rivets protrude through the axle housing so they cannot be removed unless a hole is created in the axle housing.
Does anyone have a few good pics of their original 46 1/2t axle with a single spring set up? Would like to get a close up look as to what it should look like and parts involved.
Thanks for your time.
Ed
"it's only old if you can't find a use for it; otherwise it's cool and i'll use it."