| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,613 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2021 Posts: 8 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2021 Posts: 8 | I have a 1954 Chevy 3100 and really want to replace the Okie Bushing in the front end of the torque tube. I bought the new bushing and the bushing removal tool. The same issue happened to me as I have read from a couple of others. The bushing removal tool pulled the inner brass or copper sleeve out (this is about a .050 thick sleeve liner that fits in the inner diameter of the Okie Bushing about 1 1/2 inches in). The brass/copper sleeve came out very easy, but now the bushing removal tool doesn’t have a large enough diameter to really grip on the inner diameter of the original Okie Bushing. I have tried to score up the tool so it would grip better, but that Okie bushing is not budging. I even hit the outside of the shaft with a heat gun hoping to get a little bit of thermal expansion on the outer circumference of the torque tube, but still, not budging.
Does anybody have a slightly larger bushing removal tool they want to sell or rent?
Or some other trick up their sleeve?
feel free to call as I am past frustrated
Harvey54 (727)303-7128 | | |
| |
| |