| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,697 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2020 Posts: 43 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2020 Posts: 43 | Hi All, I got a 74 El Camino, on top of all my other projects. Can't find an assembly manual anywhere, causing me fits. I need to remove the hood and remove the heater core blower motor cover off the firewall. So, Q.s: Is the 1974 the same or different than the prior 71-72 model in regards to those two things? The hood hinges on each outside edge are off, but the two curved hinges left inside about six inches from each side attach in some weird way I've never seen before. Yes, two sets of hinges. Biggest issue is the heater core blower motor cover on the firewall. Does it have three or four bolts on the out- side (passenger side) edge that also fit through the inner fender on the passenger side like the 1971-1972 model does? If I find out these are the same as the 1971-72 model, I can just buy a 1971 assembly manual and go forward. All the book suppliers say that NO ONE has a 1974 El Camino Assembly Manual! Only way is a possible resale on ebay. Thanks for any info you can provide. Mike. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | El Caminos do not fit within the outlined parameters for discussion on Stovebolt as they are built on a automobile chassis. You are welcome to post your questions about El Caminos in the Greasy Spoon Forum where we discuss most anything. That being said I’m sure one of our accommodating members will be along shortly to answer your question.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2,198 Insomniac | | Insomniac Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2,198 |
Gord 🇨🇦 ---- 1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 54 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 54 | Been a member here for quite awhile, lots of good info and participation https://www.elcaminocentral.com/
..."some gave all, KIA"...
| | |
| |
| |