The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, Jerry 53, Danielbolt, 2-Ton), 64 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1420043 08/10/2021 2:08 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
I know there's been plenty of discussion about brakes on this 3/4 ton truck but I need a little bit of help. I'm trying to keep the truck all original and need new drums on the rear. Sources for those drums are pretty scarce. I did find The Filling Station had replacement drums that say that will work. They are Raybestos 2009r rear drums. If you look at this link it shows that although they do not look original they will function fine for a 1950 3600. I'd really don't want to buy these drums if they don't fit so I'm curious to know if anyone on this form has tried using these on a 1950.

https://store.fillingstation.com/detail/FS-923/Chevrolet_194770_34_TON_REAR_BRAKE_DRUM12_.html

Thanks mike

Last edited by Michael Kamer; 08/10/2021 2:08 AM.
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 148
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 148
Hi Mike,

I picked up a pair of rear drums for my '49 3600 from NAPA just last year. The drums are actually made in Provo, Utah. I don't have their part number, and it's a bit of a search through their books (not the computer), but they're readily available. $50 each. :-o

The front drums are a different story, and I'm still struggling to find a new pair (my right front drum is a little bit out of round).

Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 25
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 25
Hey Mike, I have a 54 3/4 ton and I also got my brake drums from my local NAPA store. As PapaDisco said you have to find someone there that can still use a book and not a computer... but they have them. Good luck!

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
Thank you guys for the information. I also found out that the raybestos number 2009R, even though made for a 53, will work.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0