The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Wally / Montana), 102 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1418228 07/26/2021 4:48 PM
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
K
Moderated
Moderated
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Good afternoon! I am currently working on a 1966 Chevy C60 project. Putting the cab on a 1998 GMC Savana 3500 dually chassis. I would like to go from the 8 lug pattern to a 10 lug to be able to run 22.5" alcoa wheels on it.

I work for a machine shop that could make me adapters if I knew what dimensions the adapter needs to be. So far I have the center bore size, both 8 and 10 lug pattern size and thickness. I just need to know what the outer bore size should be.

Anyone know where I would find this information? I've come across several different styles of these adapters but haven't been able to find the dimension specs.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by kscholtus64C60; 07/26/2021 4:53 PM. Reason: updated
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy kscholtus66C60, welcome, I don't understand "outer bore", do you mean the outside diameter of the wheel mounting flange or what would be the hub diameter on a truck using the 22.5 Alcoa's?

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
The bore of a standard 22.5 hub piloted wheel is 220 mm. The bolt circle is 285.75 mm and the studs are 22 mm. That should allow plenty of room to make an adapter.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Sometimes in doing this, the two bolt circles do not have enough room between them. An option I used was to put the heads of the smaller bolt pattern on the inside using Allen head bolts(grade 9) on hub centered axles. Then there is plenty of room on the outside for the larger bolt pattern. I used steel for the plate. 5 on 8” on outside, 8 on 6.5” on inside.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 61
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 61
I just bought adapters and can measure the outer diameter if that is what you need.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0