Looks like the Old Car Manual project site is down. Hopefully not gone for good.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Something is afoot on the site. I just went there again and it's all different than before with a lot of dead links, no resto packs. Maybe someone bought the site and is in the process of changing things. Beats me.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
The link was dead this morning and now it works again. The bookmarks I previously made bring me to another site, but when I type it in the browser address window, the site is back, but has allot of broken links. Here is a link that at least gets you to the index. http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/index.htm
Last edited by Phak1; 08/02/202111:14 PM.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
This get stranger. If I remove the /index.htm from the URL it takes me to the page.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
I typed in “old chevy online manuals” and did a search. I found the site, copied the address and pasted it. It worked when I pasted it, but now it doesn’t work for me either. Now I can’t even find it.
I hope it doesn’t disappear forever! That would really be bad!
Last edited by Phak1; 08/03/202112:23 AM.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
I tried to contact Keith Hardy a while back regarding a SB's desire to have a GMC manual posted. All my contact attempts were unsuccessful.
When I click on these links all of you have provided, the content is not what I remember it being. Does anyone know Keith? It would be nice to know what's up with his web site.
It seems that “CarManualSource.com” highjacked the address.
Definitely not the same site.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
On my desktop neither URL takes me to the old site, only the site in the image shown by Phak1. My laptop for some reason still takes me to the old site and it's the exact same URL that my desktop takes me to the new site. I've had the site bookmarked on both for years so I'm not entering the URL wrong. While my laptop still takes me to the old site many of the links on that page are broken now. If anyone is interested the link to wiring diagrams seems to still be up. http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/electrical/wiring/index.htm
Last edited by Tiny; 08/03/20213:22 PM.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
It does not on my desktop but it does on my laptop. I get the feeling that if I refreshed the page on my laptop it would no longer work as well. I think Keith no longer owns the site. Gord&Fran's link seems to show someone with a Russian sounding name now owns the URL. Some of the links still work but many are broken. What is there is much less user friendly. The site's basically worthless if you want something easy to use. I sent an email to Keith's old email and it bounced. Clicking the "Contact Us" link on the new page goes to a page not found message.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
It looks like the webmaster for the Old Car Manual Project is "Rusty" Petrovic. That name is similar to the name used in the DNS records so I suppose that there is some maintenance problems with the site. I'll send him an email.
Wayne 1938 1-Ton Farm Truck Stovebolt Gallery Forums 1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!
That is the same link I posted earlier in this post and now it works. Something is definitely going on with the hosting site. Notice the “l” is not there. Add the “l” and it brings you to that weird site.
Last edited by Phak1; 08/03/202110:56 PM.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Thanks for getting in touch. It was an internal mis-configuration in our new server. It's fixed now, though they might be sporadic disruptions for the next few days while I move the entire Old Car Manual Project collection over. There's around 700k files.
Please try reloading any pages that don't work, and if you could let me know if there are any persistent problems, that would be helpful too.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Thanks Gord! Real glad it’s still up and running! Invaluable to us ‘bolters!
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.