The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,267
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1414976 06/26/2021 1:08 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 249
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 249
I have a small assortment of air horns that I have picked over the years and decided one should go on my '51 4400. For the Memorial Day parade here in town, I used cable ties and attached one to the mirror bracket and rigged up a scuba tank using a compressed air blow off gizmo for the valve and filled it to 120psi with my shop compressor. Unfortunately the blow off gizmo leaked both at the button trigger and out its nozzle so my night before preparations did me no good as the tank was empty in the morning. I have since bought a true air horn valve but wonder if there are 6v air compressors out there. I would still use the scuba tank has a reservoir but would like the system to be self sustaining rather than having to fill the tank before going on the road. I will be mounting the horns to the cab roof soon. Thanks for any guidance on this!


1950 3600
1951 4400
Gazz
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
The only 6 volt compressors I find doing a search are for fish aquariums. Might work if you start with a full reservoir and are only maintaining. You might also search for 6v to 12v converters so you could use a small 12 volt compressor. Good luck.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Another option would be to find an engine mounted compressor like I have on my 69 C60.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0