The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (dt235sd, Peggy M, Shade Baby), 108 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,321
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 601
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 601
So I've had this 1965 Chevrolet C60 school bus since 1993-and for most of that time, the steering drag link has been getting progressively looser and more sketchy. I've been searching for one of these, for decades. I've long since memorized the number-Moog DS900.

There's pretty much no mention of it on the internet. eBay is of zero assistance. I've spent dozens of hours chasing a rumored batch of these that someone made and of which an example would set you back $400. I was ready to just pay the $400 at this point, because if you've got one of these rigs with the 7000lb front axle and the old, smaller stud size drag link then you know how difficult, err I mean impossible, it is to find a new link.

Well it turns out that I should have just called Rare Parts, like 15 years ago. I got a suspension rebuild kit from them back in the day for my 1961 Pontiac Tempest, so I'd used them before. They have seventy three of these arms in stock. Here's the link: https://shop.rareparts.com/RP25927-25927-DRAG-LINK

Best part? They're $86.99!

So this decades long problem that I've been tolerating is now solved-and the solution was cheap :-D Now they only have 71 of these in stock, because I bought two of 'em


1965 C60 school bus | 1967 GMC 6500 school bus
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Thanks for sharing the story and successful conclusion.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0