The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Eileen, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,310
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
No, that’s your ignition coil.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
Omg. I should have known that. I put myself in timeout.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I see you got the seat bottom out...and no that is the coil next to distributor. They mounted them upside down to keep wire coil covered in oil and cool.

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
We have made progress. We were able to get it running. Replaced the water pump, cleaned carb, fuel pump and the normal tune up stuff. Runs great. The hydramatic work and shifts perfectly or how I think it should. Brakes kinda work but need to replace hoses and cylinders. Drove it around the section and was a lot of fun. Really fun driving with the auto. Throws gravel pretty good but seems to shift through gears pretty quick. It was a great day.
Attachments

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
thumbs_up
The Hydra-Matic is hard to hurt/kill - but, if it needs maintenance . . . big_eek

Yes, it is "cool" and rare.
drive

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0