Originally posted by Super73:
Wraping an axle from what I know doesn't help to hook just causes pinion angle issue and wheel hop.
That was really my point. You won't hook if your wheels hop, and the long arm prevents hop.
Originally posted by Super73:
I'm trying to get more info there but thought this would be the better site to try.
The typical poster here isn't building a serious acceleration machine. Most the dialog is about trucks but even here in the HiPo shop you don't find much drag truck dialog.
This board is really my online home, though I'm active in several others. It wouldn't occur to me to ask this kind of question here, I'd probably try Club Hot Rod or Hot Rodders dot com with something like this. Or maybe 67-72 Chevy Trucks.
My '55 1st GMC Suburban with a stock type 270 and original leaf springs suffers from wheel hop--the once I pushed it that hard. My '72 C10 with the long arms and a 350 never has. My Corvette with short trailing arms doesn't hop even when the clutch is dropped at high RPM.
I think trailing arms, and especially long arms, are a great suspension design, what I can't tell you is if its the best for your application.