| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,702 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 85 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 85 | Hi , I did a search and still in the dark here on this vin# 21JPK15626 any help would be great. I was told it is a 1950? Thanks Steve | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 85 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 85 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2018 Posts: 2,450 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2018 Posts: 2,450 | I have had trucks from janesville they really new their stuff at that plant even 50 years later you could just tell !! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,970 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,970 | The J indicates 1951. For reference: E = 47 F = 48 G = 49 H = 50 J = 51 (they skipped I) K = 52 Then they started a new serial number regime.
Sorry, I am bored.
Professional Novice
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,225 | 15626 = 15626-1000 = 14626th truck off that assembly line that year Tim, the unit numbers start at 1001 for each series, so this is the 14,626th Series JP (1951 3100) out of Plant 21... Mike B  | | |
| |
| |