I'll give this a shot:
1. All the 1939 1 1/2T I see have only one drivers side wiper. I guess your truck is passenger side equipped.
2. I don't know what a "VA" is.
3. We can not guarantee if we advise a wiper kit to buy, that is will last for you.
Here is an option from a good vendor.
4. It seems you are asking about a wiring diagram for just the wipers and not the whole truck. If so, it is about as easy as it gets. After you buy a kit and it does not explain how to wire, I will be glad to explain. Depending if you want separate switches, as per my link, or one switch for both.
5. If you need help on wiring the whole truck, advise.
6. You say both motors were popping fuses? Were the wired and switched separately? Were they both bench tested before discarding? To eliminate any bad truck wiring and etc.
Another optionThis Option has separate switches instead of "built in" to the motor. This style will lend itself better for a "one switch for both install" and allows for the switch to be anywhere. Like on the dash.