The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 147 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 25
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 25
I need help finding the vent window rubber for my 48 suburban. I can only find for a 51. Will this fit? Where can I find a set to stop the tsunami. Lol

I also need the 2 metal straps for the side wall cards.

Thank
Mark

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Mark,

1951 was the first year for the front door vent window?

I think (I am pretty sure) that the vent window glass was the same from 1951-1955st trucks (on both Chevrolet and GMC cab trucks).

Good luck finding those “metal straps” - those probably disappeared when the cardboard deteriorated? Do you you have the metal-surrounds and the vertical metal bars/strips?.

Post a Parts Wanted in the Swap Meet.

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
No wonder you're having trouble finding 48 vent window rubber: 48 didn't have vent windows. If your truck has vent windows, the doors are not original 48. More likely your doors are 51-54. So yes, the 51 vent rubbers will work on your "48."

For the metal strips for the sidewall cards, check MNSmith's build thread. He fabricated some.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...suburban-update-mnsmith.html#Post1280468


1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
I would guess 1951 doors because they would work with the '51 and earlier strikers.

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
Originally Posted by MNSmith
I would guess 1951 doors because they would work with the '51 and earlier strikers.

Good point.


1951 Chevy Panel Truck

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0