| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,477 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2016 Posts: 70 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2016 Posts: 70 | Hey everyone. I’m looking for the center hood strip for my 2ton. I bought a used hood. My old hood was shot and the center mounding was rusted in several pieces. I can find the hood strip for the smaller trucks but I’m assuming a 2 ton will be different since the hoods bigger. Ideas? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Here's what you're looking for; 1947-55 1st, Utility (1-1/2 and 2 ton), p/n....3681600 Maybe find another bad molding and make one out of two... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2019 Posts: 204 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2019 Posts: 204 | I had to replace the strip on my 1955 first 6400. I search the internet for days looking for a reproduction and had no luck. I found a original at a junkyard, hammered out a few small dings stripped it to bare metel and painted it. Good luck finding one, there out there. Go for a drive out in the farmlands and you'll probably luck out and find a old Chevy truck sitting in a field. Chevy made a lot of the big bolts and lots of them are rusting away in farmers fields | | | | | Joined: Nov 2016 Posts: 70 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2016 Posts: 70 | Thanks guys. I’ll keep my eye open. I kept mine but it’s pretty rough. The front 5” or so is completely gone but putting 2 together could work. | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,101 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,101 | Repops for the smaller trucks are available, so you might be able to splice parts from one of those on to yours. As far as I know, only the length would be different.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | |
| |
| |