The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jon G, Guitplayer, Wally / Montana), 123 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#136647 01/06/2007 4:20 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 47
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 47
There was a recent reference to using an aluminum radiator from an 80's Vette in a '41 truck (crossflow turned 90 degrees?). Jegs and Summit sell universal crossflows that are 19" highX24,26,28,or 31" wide for under $200.Looks like a close fit for AD trucks,especially V-8 conversions.If the Ford/Chrs. config was turned 90 degrees(viewed from driver's seat),the large exit fitting would be at the bottom of the passenger side(good for Chev.V-8).Has anyone tried this or have details on the Vette adaptation?

#136648 01/15/2007 8:53 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 73
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 73
I have a 46 with a 283 in it. I recently installed a crossflow from an 86 vette. I turned it on end. The only issue I had was it put intake on the bottom drivers side. I just ran a curved hose with a straight piece accross to the other side. I use a pusher electric. So far so good. It keeps it right at 180 with a 16lb cap.

Rick

#136649 01/15/2007 10:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 37
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 37
Use a Summit or whatever crossflow for a Ford. When it is turned up the outlets will be right for Chevy motor. The radiator cap may be an issue on some designs. Sprint Car radiators are narrow and work idealy in some cases if you can make you own mounts.They have good capacity even though they are smaller and they are generally a lot cheaper than a custom application radiator.


BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS...
NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS !!
#136650 01/31/2007 5:31 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
If you use a Ron Davis radiator for a Ford it will work.. Where the radiator cap is on the top tank is on a 45 degree angle top to allow filling of the radiator

#136651 02/02/2007 7:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 266
S
Custom Title
Custom Title
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 266
I had Wizard Cooling (www.wizardcooling.com) build an aluminum radiator for my '49. At the time, I was working with one of Wizard's welders. He took my old radiator and fabricated a new one to the exact dimensions of the old. They also used my original to make their permanent computer blueprints, so if somebody needs one again, they can just look it up. All I had to do was drill the 6 mounting bolt holes and bolt it right in, perfect fit and it works great.


49 Chevy 3600
65 Chevy K10
48 International KB-1 Service Truck
55 Willys CJ5 - Chevy 331 powered
26 Model T Roadster Rat Rod
70 Tucker Sno-Cat 442-A
96 Dodge 3500 Cummins dually flatbed x-cab 4x4
06 Jeep Wrangler LJ rock crawler
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical problem

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0