| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,580 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 131 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 131 | Hi all, A new member eisenhart1992 posted here a couple weeks ago. Like me, he is new to the game and looking for advice. He is preparing to try to start an engine that's been sitting for forty some years and got good advice from the members here. Mine has been sitting for 50 years so I pulled the oil pan, cleaned it all out and put in new oil. I finally got it started and after about an hour of running time I have again drained the oil and removed the pan. I found quite a bit of gunk in the bottom of the pan again from flushing the new oil through there. I would suggest that he consider the same to get that stuff all out of the engine before running it too much. Oil is cheap compared to motors. | | |
| |
| |