| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#13660 03/07/2004 11:27 AM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 18 | Im putting a 350 / 330HP HO gm crate engine in my 70 chevy tomorrow. I was told that I had to get a new water pump because vortec engines need a water pump that runs backwards in relation to the 307 engine I have now. When I went to get the water pump, the guy in the shop said as long as I was using the same pulleys on the waterpump and alternator, I could use the water pump I have, (it's only three months old) Can anybody confirm this? The guy told me that the cooling would work the same.?????? I don't want to mess this up. Also I want to put new shocks on, but know nothing about them. I have a long bed and dont want to drop the truck. If anything I'd like to raise it a couple inches. I currently have OEM shocks and would like to put something in that's good, but not too expensive. I appreciate any suggestions.
Scott
Thanks | | |
#13661 03/07/2004 3:40 PM | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 119 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 119 | Nope, I think your information came from someone who was confusing the late-model LT-1 engines.
The 350 H.O. is a traditional small-block Chevy. The only thing odd about the vortec heads is the late-model intake manifold bolt pattern. | | |
#13662 03/08/2004 1:35 AM | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 | the engines with a serpintine belt require a backwards waterpump.if your crate engine was set up for a serpintine belt you need to change the pump. | | |
| |
| |