| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 10 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2006 Posts: 10 | This is also posted on the Drive line forum. Maybe someone here can help....
I just finished installing my front suspension using Flatout Engennering crossmember. Has anyone here done this install? I need to see pictures of the motor mounts. Please send me some pictures so that I have a visual of where the motor mounts weld to the crossmember or frame. I got a set of IFS motor mounts from CPP and have no clue where they go. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 96 | hey i just got done putting my engine in last month and i also have the flat out kit. one of the prob;ems i had is that to get the engine to sit down low i had to push the engine back. because the rack and pinion sits pretty high i couldn't lower my engine down enough to eliminate a tranny tunnel. so i pushed it back so it would sit down but i still need to clearance the firewall. web page i hope this helps. i dont know of anybody else that as done a corvette kit on this forum so if you have any ? feel free to ask me. brent | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 96 | oh by the way if you want to get urethane motor mounts autozone has them for about 15$ cheaper than cpp. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 113 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 113 | I didn't do a Corvette IFS, but I did do something similar - a Fatman IFS (not Mustang II). YOu can see the similarity here: http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24277/cat/500/page/1 I've sent for a pair of Progressive Automotive motor mounts that are basically universal mount. Once I have them in hand I'll load the engine/trans into the frame along with the radiator support and custom fit for location. I'm going over~the~rails headers so I have to custom fit everything anyways. Thanx, ~rockrr~
Everything is different now...
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 10 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2006 Posts: 10 | Bent...: Thanks for the help. I sent you a Private Message. Later | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 10 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2006 Posts: 10 | Rocker: Are the motor mounts the ones that weld to the boxed frame? Thank. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 113 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 113 | Sorry for the late reply!
Yes I bought weld-in mounts that I cut to fit the frame dimensions. I don't trust manufacturer's instructions so I mocked up the locations using the engine/trans that I intend to use. I mounted the cab (bolted finger-tight), and loosely bolted in the radiator shroud. I discovered that it was too close for comfort between the engine fan and the radiator so I cut the doghouse in the center of the firewall and deepened the dish-out by 1.5" so that I could move the whole she-bang back a bit.
It's still snug, but I now have room for the HEI to swivel without hitting the firewall. Once I had the engine centered in the opening, I could locate the motor mounts and determine how much I should cut off of them before welding them to the frame-rails.
I've captured all this on film and (one of thee days) will get it all developed and scanned to digital so I can post them.
~rocker~
Everything is different now...
| | |
| |
| |