The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Mr Wilson, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna), 99 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,499
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1357790 04/29/2020 6:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 93
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 93
Well, my roof has two holes in it. Right down the center of the cab like it was for a roof light... So, does anyone know if there was a roof light on the 3/4 ton trucks as standard or accessory part in 1960. The holes are perfect, not sure if they are so perfect they were add ons?? Keep hearing the Dixie Chicks singing hole in my head.. thanks

I will try and add an image soon


1960 C20 Apache Step Side Long Bed
"Swamp Thing" restoration
Story starts in 60-66 trucks
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
You have a dome light cutout above the rear window, but I dont think that is what you are referring to. Nothing else on the roof interior. Can you send a picture?


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 57
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 57
I'll check mine when I get home today.


1960 C20 Platform
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 93
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 93
picture time. You can see the two holes are not exactly centered left to right. Any ideas???
Attachments
DSC_1166.JPG (222.43 KB, 52 downloads)
DSC_1167S.jpg (141.27 KB, 54 downloads)


1960 C20 Apache Step Side Long Bed
"Swamp Thing" restoration
Story starts in 60-66 trucks
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Radio antenna holes. Commercial trucks had multiple antennas at times.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 901
Maybe one of the holes was for a CB antenna.


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 35
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 35
I would say antenna/cb holes. Do you know if this was a service or line truck, or maybe a homemade tow truck? Could have been wiring for the gumball light.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0