The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jay R, 52Carl, 78buckshot, TooMany2count, walter74, Bill Hanlon, Barry Martak, Charles in CA, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
The trans in my 65 is needing work. I went ahead and bought a 465 trans from salvage that I think was out of a 68 C70. Anyhow it came with what I assume is a mechanical clutch linkage bell housing with the fork coming out of of the left side. My bell housing is the hydraulic clutch type. However the opening in my current bell housing is the same diameter as the retainer on the 465 it slides right in. I can use it but I've always wanted to go with a mechanical clutch. What parts would I need and what can be bought new? If I need used parts does anyone know of a source? I'm not finding any 60's era trucks in salvage around here. Is the pedal and pedal assembly the same? I see some new parts like the rod and cross shaft new but will the same ones that fit the half ton 65's fit my C60? Thanks.

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 330
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 330
You could find a 1/2 or 3/4 ton with the mechanical stuff in it to compare brackets, rods, and links with what you have. I don't know what would fit but I would bet some of it would. You might only have to make something longer or shorter to fit your truck. Lots of stuff on the big trucks is several years behind the smaller stuff design-wise.


Mac :{)

1962 K10 short step side, much modified for rally
1969 T50 fire truck, almost nos, needs a few things
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
no idea on the 65 but on the 55-59 Chevys, the clutch linkage is the same from 1/2 ton all the way up to 2 ton (C60).


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
Thanks for the response guys. I'll see where I can find some half tons or any others to look at. A parts book and parts numbers would be great to find as well. Thinking about it I will probably just put it back together as it is for now so it will be ready for harvest in June. I put new clutch in with cylinder and line in 2015 so everything is in good shape. I've got the mechanical type bell housing so I can change things over when time allows. I guess I have no good reason for needing to go to mechanical I just prefer them.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0