The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jon G, 68ironhead, Shade Baby), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,117
Posts1,056,298
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1346771 02/16/2020 9:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 760
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 760
My instructions that came with my new face stickers say to spray water on both the metal surface and the back of the sticker. It doesn't say anything at all about soap, but I've been told that you should add some dish soap to the water. What are your opinions? I'm a little nervous about the stickers because I've had trouble with positioning stickers before. Any tips, hints, or info appreciated.


Mike Burns
1940 Chev 1/2 ton
1953 Chev 1/2 ton
1950 Studebaker Starlight Coupe
1947 Indian Chief
1943 Indian 741
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,070
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,070
I put my gauge face stickers on with nothing. What I do is stick the sticker to a knife blade on one edge and carefully position it and then drop it in place. It takes a steady hand. I did get one misaligned slightly and was able to pick it back up and reposition. I was sweating a bit on that one, with the possibility of having to order another complete set.
My leftovers that I was saving were sitting on my workbench with some other stuff and when I was welding on the cab (~5 ft away), a spark got that far and started a small fire eek
The 0-80 mph speedo, odo, -50 to +50 amp, and 100-220F temp stickers are still usable in case anyone needs a spare (freebies)


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
Diluted soap won’t hurt anything and provides some lubrication to move them into position.


1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 51
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 51
Watch this video



Frank
1948 5 Window Chevy 3100 an absolute rescue that is now back on the road
1953 Buick Super 1 family owned since new
1956 3200 Big Window
1985.5 Mustang SVO
1986 Mustang SVO

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0