| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,693 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | I am looking into a rear end change on my 1940 gmc 1/2 ton. I have already read lots of good information on this sight. I haven't seen any 411 on 6 lug disc brakes. Is there anyway to convert the original axle housing?
I am planning to change the 228 engine to a 302. Put a dual master cylinder w/disc brakes up front. replace 3 speed with 5 speed (nv 4500)open driveline use some axle configuration with a 3.55 or 3.73 ratios
I just want to know before I commit. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 | give mark at www.scarebird.com a try.if i do recall they use blazer 73-87 rotors.i believe that rotor will work for front and rear. give mark a visit on his website. good luck | | |
| |
| |