The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (jmoore, Jon G, tclederman, moparguy), 140 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,325
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 40
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 40
I've been searching for thread I saw a while back, but can't seem to locate.
It was a discussion on using a liquid leak stop type product and another fluid such as power steering fluid break fluid or some thing. I cant recall what was suggested in the thread.
I have a '40 Chevy 1/2 ton and I think I can save three of the 4 shocks.
Wondering what to fill them with.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
Hydraulic jack fluid is what I use. Apple Hydraulics may be able to offer additional advice/help. http://www.applehydraulics.com/shocks.htm


Ed
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 40
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 40
Thanks, Just added them to my list of favorites.

Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 161
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 161
I had them rebuild 4 shocks for me. Good service, good product, good turn around!


I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0