The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Nick in Manitou, 1955 1 Series, FishinToms53, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,437
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Thanks for sharing Pat! These are the "good old days"... thumbs_up thumbs_up

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
I had the pleasure of riding in Pat's rig this past summer at the Winchester Truck Show. It is as nice on the inside as it looks on the outside. Absolutely amazing!


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
Well this thread has died out again so I thought I would give you some warming news.
Got an email from Tim down under tonight.
He said it's 105 degrees in New Castle right now.
And good weather for a cold IPA!
He also took delivery of his new Hilux last week.

Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 12/20/2019 12:23 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Hilux 2.8 turbo diesel similar to the Tacoma you have in the States yes it has been hot and lots of bushfires that is a worry for some people


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Tim,
15 degrees Fahrenheit here! You couldn’t handle that!
Jim


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Merry xmas to you all and Jim your drinks would nearly be frozen predictions of it even hotter on Saturday on holidays now will be at boat harbour enjoying time with family


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
I was cutting firewood Tuesday and my open cold one was slushy when I took a break.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Don,

You need some moonshine to keep you warm. No slush!

Chris

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
A jug of Captain Morgan is on my to get list.
But I'll stick with slushies until the chainsaw is put away for the day.

Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 12/20/2019 12:18 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Don, that's funny, I was doing the exact same thing yesterday afternoon. Splitting some wood and drink some natty slushies.....very refreshing!
Merry Christmas Tim and all the rest of y'all too!



~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
Natty Light is my slushie of choice.
Splitting wood today and smoking a turkey. 45 degrees for a high.
In Law Christmas tomorrow.
I'll be glad when it's all over with.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
I know what you mean, Christmas day will be a parents inlaw and aunt and uncle inlaw day in Annapolis and then we have to do it all over again next Saturday with the niece in-law and family. dang
Come on 2020..... cry
I guess that's why they sell beer in 30 packs......


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
I heard that Natural light is trying out selling 77 packs in some areas.
I think it is Maryland.
https://thetakeout.com/natural-light-beer-77-packs-price-cost-1829598642

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
I wrote to NL and said I need me some 77 packs........you know....for the holidays......so far they have declined to answer...
I read an article that said they were popular at colleges because the packaging could double as an end table...... cool


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
Sounds like its gonna get "smiley" at the Marlow compound smile


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
That young Liam has good taste.........


1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0