The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (2-Ton, cmayna, 1955 1 Series, tclederman), 85 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Hi all! I've been lurking around this forum since around 2007 when I bought my '52 sedan. That's been mothballed since my daughter arrived in '09 so I haven't had a reason to join--until recently. My wife decided she's like a truck to go "picking" in (I call it "junking" but, whatever), but it had to be "old and cool". We found a '51 3600 on ebay/craigslist back in Sept, 2016 so I had a reason to lurk again. It's relatively stock 216/4sp combo with a 12v conversion and electronic ignition, and 4.10 gear in the stock rear. Stock suspension running bias ply tires (she insisted on whitewalls because they "look fancy"). I've gone through nearly every component since we purchased it and tried to keep it as close to stock as possible, with just a few nods to reliability. My wife even learned to drive a stick shift in this truck so that she could keep it original.

We've been having a lot of fun with it and look forward to many more miles!

Chad
Attachments
IMG_3112.JPG (189.11 KB, 101 downloads)

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt page.....do late now but hey, you don't have to "own" a truck to be a member here...just love them!

That is a very nice family story. I"m sure you'll make many memories in that truck and maybe it'll stay in the family for decades to come......but be warned. For most of us, one is not enough. Consider yourself warned.

.....see you around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome! Nice looking truck you have there.
Always nice when your wife can drive a stick. Mine can drive my truck(s) also.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Welcome to the 'bolt. Nice looking truck you have there, and particularly nice that you can drive it safely.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! This is actually my 2nd truck (wife's first)--I had a '55 1st about 15 years ago but let it go (DUMB!!!). I'm always on the lookout for a new project to keep me busier than I already am.

I posted a story about driving the '51 to Bonneville under the "Stovebolt Driving Report" thread of the General Talk forum... that's another interesting story! smile

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Nice truck. Congrats.


Professional Novice
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
welcome to the 'bolt.

-Woog


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0