| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible),
165
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 22 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 22 | I’ve got a 261 mated to a 700R4 in my 49 Suburban and I suspect that the torque converter has gone due to loosing drive
Can anyone tell me which replacement torque converter I should be ordering so I can have it ready to fit as I didn’t fit the engine or transmission?
49 Suburban Project
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,801 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,801 | Will the transmission pull the vehicle in Low or Reverse? If so, the converter isn't the problem. Quit guessing and do a line pressure test. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | |
| |
| |