The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, Shaffer's1950, Steelonsteel), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,198
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,198
I have 15" wheels from a 1/2 ton G10 van. These wheels have the same bolt pattern as my Camaro rear end and front disk brake rotors. (5 bolts on 4 3/4" BC). The wheels have the bumps for "poverty" style caps. This is how I made my reproduction 1954 caps work.

First, I picked up some caps from the local auto wreckers. These caps were very common in the 1970s era and match the bumps on my wheels. I cut these up making tabs so I could pop rivet the reproduction caps onto them. I think the attached pictures are self-explanatory.
Attachments
hubcap 001.jpg (164.05 KB, 204 downloads)
hubcap 002.jpg (90.58 KB, 207 downloads)
hubcap 003.jpg (104.07 KB, 209 downloads)
hubcap 005.jpg (192.7 KB, 210 downloads)
wheel.jpg (77.41 KB, 198 downloads)


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Very nice. Good work. Great idea to bend the tabs and screw on the original cap.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0