| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (KEVINSKI, Dennys28),
96
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 | Hoping someone can confirm this for me: if I go with 2.5" drop spindles on my '64 C10 without also using lowering springs, I would stay with a stock length shock absorber, right? I'm looking at a set of shocks (front and rear) made for a 3/5 drop but I'm definitely going with spindles up front for much of the drop, maybe going an inch or two lower with springs as well but definitely not 3" /plus/ the 2.5" drop from the spindles.
So what I'm saying is that if I go for a 3.5" drop up front (2.5" from spindles + 1" from springs) then a shock made for a 3" spring drop would not be appropriate. Right?
Thanks, Brent | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 | my 64 is dropped 3.5" in front using a standard replacement shock from advanced auto. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 | How is yours dropped -- spindles + springs or just springs or ??? | | |
| |
| |