The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (52Carl, Wayne67vert, 53 green 1- ton, Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, DadsFirstPickup, greenie-reddy), 67 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#130466 01/20/2002 1:07 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 78
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 78
I am currently doing my first buildup, a '46 chev pickup. I have in it now a '95 TBI 350 and 700r4. I know this seems like a step backwards, but I think I'd like a 4 spd. manual now. There's just somethin' about a 4spd in an old pickup that I like. The thing is I don't know much about how to rig up a clutch for it. I've heard something about using a hydraulic clutch so you don't have to mess with linkage and such. Could someone explain this for me? What kind of pedal set up would I have to use? Any other pitfalls to watch for? Also would the computer be compatible with the older tranny or could it just be left as is? Thanks.


-----------------------------------
Rollin' Hard
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton
1959 Phord 1/2 ton
2001 Chevy 1/2 ton
#130467 01/21/2002 1:01 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 146
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 146
Jeff.C, if You check out for example the PAW catalog, You'll find some kits with a hydraulic sleeve that goes in the input shaft guide for the clutch bearing, and all You'll need other than it is a pedal and master cilinder, that You'll also find there. Not a big job. And not very expensive also, and is a lot easier than fabricating the whole pedal/bellcrank/pushrods for it. There are other models, some using the stock bearing and lever, justa slave colinder in the bellhousing, and of course, the master cilinder and pedal in the cabin. This set uip is much easier to service, if You have a trouble in the slave cilinder, no need to remove the tranny to fix it.


Alexandre Garcia

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0