The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI, Lostbuthaulinass, Peggy M, tclederman, 2 invisible), 92 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,478
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
ok guys...

in most pic's that I see it seems that if somebody puts in a different IFS they still leave in the stock cross member? I'm wonder why this would be done unless they are running a inline 6 and need the motor mounts?


May the force be with you - SoloWookie
solowookie.com
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7
Solo,

The reason most everyone keeps the stock cross member even when ditching the old I6 is for the body mount that is built into it.

If you subframe your truck, you will lose the body mount and will have to make a new one. I found that it is very difficult to do this properly and make it strong enough to hold the nose up. frown Now my truck has a saggy face! Needless to say I will never ever subframe another truck. I don't care if the parts do come in my favorite variety, free! grin

Sorry, I got a little carried away. Hope this answered your question. Anything else, feel free to pick my brain. I have probably made that mistake already! :rolleyes:


'52 Chevrolet 3100 (Rodded of Course)
'97 Eagle Talon TSi(Turbo Baby!)
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 198
LOL - well hey thanks for the info. I was assuming that was the case, but not sure. grin


May the force be with you - SoloWookie
solowookie.com

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0