The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (FishinToms53, 3B, Otto Skorzeny, FAST55, MickeyP, pauld, Forty9, bluechev, Ole49GMC, 1 invisible), 88 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,628
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Hello,
I did a search on the forums and didnt find anything specific to defrost manifolds and ducting. Mine is missing the passenger side manifold and both ducts. Is this the place for these Questions? Interiors?

Just want to know what yall would use for ducts and which company has the best quality parts and customer service? I'm a bit overwhelmed at how many diff ones there are. I'm new to the forums and we recently bought Our 59 apache swb stepside.

Thanks


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Anyone?


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Be patient, our interior specialists may be taking a nap. We sure don’t want to wake them up too early.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 37
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 37
I bought Vintage air system they provided the tubes for the defroster. Good people my 2 cents to work with. You might look up their components see if that will work. Installing in my 59 Apache 3100!


Pops the truth is out there!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
thank you Sir


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
I posted an almost immediate quality response. Giving a link for original donor parts and vendor info. No response. Some links go dead and not good to leave on Stovebolt. Also I've had bad luck with new posters with low post count. They don't seem to realize how good Stovebolt is and how fast and complete the responses are.
I also asked what your definition of "manifold" was. Never heard, so was not sure of my info.
So when you are ready to monitor your own post, let me know.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
You sure you hit the reply button? I never saw your post and I was watching this thread. Just wondering?


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Yes, I watched it for two days (after searching, researching and posting my results) to see if he got the info so I could delete the links or close it out of my watch list.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
I have CRS!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
grin 10-4.................or as Broderick Crawford would say "2150 to headquarters, I need a chopper". He had that revolver that fired 18 times. I guess I don't have CRS?


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,198
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,198
bartamos, I saw your post (and it was a quality post). I even followed the links. So, where did it go? ohwell


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
I am immature but it's not a medical condition so no Dr. to go to. Just booze.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
The manifold I was referring to is the defroster dispertion vent? I ordered one from classic trucks $24.95. It looks like a wide vacuum floor attachment for a small shop vac.

I apologize for not checking here after 5pm yesterday. Had a busy afternoon on phone coordinating an RV rental for an upcoming trip to Florida. I volunteer at the Sun n Fun fly in every year down there for the past 10 years. First year moving up accomodations from a tent to an RV. Wife said so :-)

I have another question about the interior. On the RH kick panel area above the vent is an open square hole. Looks like a cover went there. screw holes in corners. Whats the official name of that cover or what ever goes in there? Its above the vent door area. Looks like an original square hole.

Thanks
RK


Last edited by Roadking53; 02/21/2019 4:30 PM.

1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Does anyone know about that small square hole above the passenger side kick panel vent? Its about 4 inches square.?

Thanks
RK


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
that opening is the fresh air intake for the deluxe heater, see here - for the "lesser" 2 heater versions there was a "delete" plate held by 4 screws to cover the hole

Bill



Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Ahhh Thank you! Now I wonder if this truck originally had the deluxe heater in it. Hmmmm?

Thank you Bill.
RK


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
I think the deluxe heater had controls in the dash for defrost/ heat and temp. Th regular heater had a valve under the hood to turn the flow of water off during the summer, and a switch either in the dash or under the dash.


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
R
Van
Van
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 99
Well the dash has what looks like an orig smooth cover where the deluxe controls would have been. The ash tray to the left has the same cover. So I'm not sure why the blanking cover is missing unless it was robbed at one point for another truck. Could have been removed to allow more air flow during the summer here in Georgia. N E way I've ascertained an old steel drawer out of a metal cabinet that was headed to the scrap yard to make a new steel blank plate. Hopefully I can make it look stock.


1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0