Hey Bolters! I've made a Youtube channel for my family's 1950s farming demonstrations. The first video is an overview of the restoration of my 48 Chevy 2 ton truck. Later will be operation of Case tractors, combines, threshers, and plowing. I'm hoping to grow the channel to encompass everything from log splitting to grain harvest.
Edit Sept 2023. We added a few still from the video. A real funny. The video starts out with the song: "An un-descovered creature" .. too funny. The video has a great beginning. Worth watching. Then a bunch of still images. As of the time of the video, the project is on-going. ~ Peggy M
Great looking old truck, thanks for the vid. I spy a bent push rod.
1953 Chevrolet 3100 261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY Gallery Video of the 261 running
1964 GMC 1000 305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
That is for sure a bent push rod. I swapped that motor (235) with a 270. I'll eventually rebuild the 235 but for now its sitting in a shed. It runs like a champ. Has a lot of blow by though.