| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (baldeagle, Shade Baby, 1 invisible),
94
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,336 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 | I'm building a 53 Chevy 5 window. I'm looking for any advice on chopping the top. I'm an experienced car builder (hobbyist)but have never chopped a top. I have found a great website on chopping a 48 3 window, but I need to know mainly how to deal with the corner glass and the body at that point. I have 2 roofs so lengthening it is no problem.Are there any websites? I'll take any advice. Thanks, Ron.
Ron Thompson 51 Chevy 1/2 ton 36 F@rd coupe 65 Riviera
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 | http://www.thevirtualgarage.com/bboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000131
http://www.thevirtualgarage.com/bboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000158
http://www.thevirtualgarage.com/bboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000472 | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 | Thanks. Great infomation.
Ron Thompson 51 Chevy 1/2 ton 36 F@rd coupe 65 Riviera
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 | Quick question for those more experienced, after reading all those old customizing posts. I'm wondering if J.H. Proffit is "that" Mr. Proffit, the '50's California customizer, or some such thing. I seem to remember reading the name in one of the old car magazines long ago... :confused: Wannabe 
"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 58 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 58 | There was a Hayden Proffit that was a big name super stock drag racer in the 60's | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 | Thanks Jack, that's probably whom I was thinking of. Wannabe 
"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
| | |
| |
| |