The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (DadsFirstPickup, Wrenchman), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,305
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
I'm building a 53 Chevy 5 window. I'm looking for any advice on chopping the top. I'm an experienced car builder (hobbyist)but have never chopped a top. I have found a great website on chopping a 48 3 window, but I need to know mainly how to deal with the corner glass and the body at that point. I have 2 roofs so lengthening it is no problem.Are there any websites? I'll take any advice. Thanks, Ron.


Ron Thompson
51 Chevy 1/2 ton
36 F@rd coupe
65 Riviera

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
http://www.thevirtualgarage.com/bboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000131

http://www.thevirtualgarage.com/bboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000158

http://www.thevirtualgarage.com/bboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000472

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
Thanks. Great infomation.


Ron Thompson
51 Chevy 1/2 ton
36 F@rd coupe
65 Riviera

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Quick question for those more experienced, after reading all those old customizing posts. I'm wondering if J.H. Proffit is "that" Mr. Proffit, the '50's California customizer, or some such thing. I seem to remember reading the name in one of the old car magazines long ago... :confused:

Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 58
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 58
There was a Hayden Proffit that was a big name super stock drag racer in the 60's

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Thanks Jack, that's probably whom I was thinking of.

Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0