Do not think that members are ignoring your request.
Finding USA Chevrolet truck trim/wheel-color sources for that year is difficult; finding Canadian GMC/Chevrolet-truck trim/wheel-color info might be close to impossible.
I hope I am wrong - if anyone has GMC/Chevrolet-Canada trim/wheel paint color info, please post this.
Here is another thing to be aware of: it is possible that any available body-color could be special-ordered for any combination of body/wheel parts. Some sources (GMC USA spec sheets) have indicated that this special-order painting might have been available at no extra cost.
I fully understand trying to get information sometimes takes a while and not everyone has the info to contribute to the questions. I’m still not fully sure of even some of the basic differences between the US and Canadian trucks of this time frame. So I’m sure things of paint nature could be subject to many variables.
Although this references 1941 - the style and model went from 41 to 1947.1. Typically this information can best be used as a guide in your decision making.
So I guess the only real way to know is having a picture of the truck new! Over years and owners hands things tend to stray away from original and being almost 75 years old that could be a lot of different personalities adding their “touch”. My truck is a green color.
It takes some research to find out the details and what was 'factory' or stock on these old trucks. Yes, these trucks have had nearly 80 or more years worth of "customizing" (if you can call it that.) -Its finding the small clues and researching, and asking questions here that makes part of this hobby fun and rewarding. Keep us posted.
Bill, The wheels were black unless the customer ordered painted body color. Here is a 1946 Sales Brochure showing a truck with painted Green Wheels to match Body color. Your Truck---Your call. I painted mine body color. Harold
When I was prepping the wheels on my '48 GMC for paint, I was able to determine the original color just by sanding down through the paint layers. It was obvious when I got to the first layer. In my case the wheels were the same as the body, assuming the wheels were original to the truck!