Do any of you folks have a photo/diagram of the inside rear view mirror and how it mounts on a 39-46 Chevy Truck? My 39 has never had an original inside mirror during the time I have owned it. I brought the truck home in 1974.
There were no rear view mirrors from the factory until the 1950s. Trucks came with side view mirrors. Here is a collection of "home" engineered setups for rear view mirrors. The best thing to do is find a bracket and mirror that you can adapt to your truck. Good luck, Harold
Harold, I am doing a 37 and have what I thought was a factory installed mirror. I guess after reading your reply mine is not factory. I learn something every day on this forum.
So, now I know why my 39 had a Ford Model A bracket and mirror in it. It was mounted too high. I do have a different mirror I want to install. I'll have to make a bracket for it. The pictures give me some ideas Harold. Thanks.