The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (GRNHydra, Oswald, Southerntruck, 1955 1 Series, Nick in Manitou, Wayne67vert), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1290349 12/08/2018 8:18 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 9
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 9
It was the typical tired old bed, rotten wood with a rusty metal plate welded on top. So I my nephew and I cut the metal plate out and carefully measured all the old wood, spacing and bolt holes, then replaced with new red oak and stainless strips and bolts. I did lots of panel beating on the sides and had to replace the front panel and tailgate with new GM repros. The color is Seacrest Green.
Attachments
DSCN2428.JPG (261.16 KB, 138 downloads)
IMG_0411.jpg (53.24 KB, 137 downloads)
DSCN2464.JPG (256.15 KB, 127 downloads)

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Sweet job. You should be proud of yourself. yahoo


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Nice job ! In the process of trying to figure out what parts needed for a '52 3600 bed on truck that was in pieces when I got it. Any idea why on the parts catalogs why they do not seem to list a front sill for
3600 ?


Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
I know my one ton does not have a front sill. I assume the 3/4 tons are the same. The front bed panel has a lipped slot the bed wood slides into. The 1/2tons have a front sill that bolts to the front panel. The 1 tons (possibly 3/4s) have this incorporated right into the panel. The rest of the sills are all the same on my one ton until you get to the rear/tailgate sill/panel.

Last edited by Fox; 01/18/2019 6:36 AM.

1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0