Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 46 | Do 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks use the same diameter brake lines?
I am asking because my truck is a half ton long box and all the brake line kits I found are for half ton short boxes or 3/4 ton long boxes. Any insight would be appreciated thank you.
1950 GMC 1/2 Ton Long Box 228-Zenith carb- SM420-bendix brakes
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | The tube diameter does not matter, master bore size and wheel bore size are what matters.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 46 | Thanks, I get that,. But what I am really asking is if the hard lines for a 3/4 ton long box will fit my half ton long box.
1950 GMC 1/2 Ton Long Box 228-Zenith carb- SM420-bendix brakes
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Could be, I always make my own, then I get exactly what I want.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | |
| |