The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, Jon G, DadsFirstPickup, 1955 1 Series, Wrenchman), 110 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,305
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127644 08/04/2007 4:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 16
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 16
I painted Dupont acrylic enamel, no hardener, no metallic, on a 1935 truck, dark green, and it came out perfect, no sanding, no buffing, just plain perfect. Just painted a 42 truck, same paint but light blue and cannot stop the orange peel. I tried different pressure, gun, thinner, nothing works. Now I need to color sand all. How long must I wait until I can color sand?

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
about 2 weeks


Gangster whites and straight pipes.....
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
The old enamels were harder than todays b/c c/c paints to sand and buff. Be careful you don't burn the paint. Be careful with the buffer.


The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Humidity can play a big part in the way paint lays down. It has been very humid here lately


1970 C50 dump! saving orphans from the CRUSHER
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 16
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 16
Thank you all. It has been very humid here too. I will wait ten days to begin sanding, thank goodness I have extra paint if needed. If to take away the dirt grease and rust, restorations would be to easy.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
I think if I got rid of all the dirt,grease and rust I wouldn't have much left.


1970 C50 dump! saving orphans from the CRUSHER

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0