The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (51sub), 128 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 27
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 27

Hello All,

I just got back my truck from the body shop and getting the engine back up to snuff. I noticed that the Throttle Rod (Rod that connects from Pivot Point to Carb) is missing the little linkage that would connect to the throttle return spring (see attached pic).

DOes anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement throttle rod that I can swap out?
I have the spring clip that connects at the bottom of the motor I just don't have the little clip on the rod.

Best,
James
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 10.13.56 AM.png (163.57 KB, 110 downloads)

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
James,
If you do not here from anyone, check with NAPA, Saveon, Auto Zone, most all parts stores have these small items. Take the rod with you and ask the counter person for help.
Harold


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
...this part...?

Try parts wanted forum or make it yourself, not much to it

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
If you have the correct length rod already, I recommend that you fabricate that little tab and have it welded on to your correct rod. There were some changes over the years on the length of those parts.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0