| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 158 | Has anyone made there own cab mounts for the 1946 Chevrolet 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck? My truck only had the rear wood mounts left I would like to know the dimensions of he cab mounts? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 | I believe the wood blocks are only in the rear; none in the front. You would like the dimensions for the blocks in the rear of the cab?
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 158 | I need the dimensions for the front blocks. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 | I guess my cab mounts differently from yours. I checked and I only have blocks for the two rear cab mounts. The other positions have rubber between the frame and cab.
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 | Same with mine too. I wonder if he is looking for the blocks that fit near the front cab corners between the welded section of the floor board and cab bottom rail. They are about 4 inches long, 3 inches wide and 1 inch thick, held in place by three about 2 inch long bolts. The Jim Carter catalog lists their kit as, “Wood Blocks, Floor Rail”. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 158 | So the only blocks are in the rear of the cab? How thick is the rubber pads 1/4 inch? When I removed the cab of my truck all I found was the two wood blocks in the rear. And I have two new blocks for the cab where the two floor sections meet at the rocker panels. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 | I checked on this today. My recollection was wrong.
There is a wood block about the center of the cab and on the frame rail held in place with a single bolt. That block is in addition to the one referenced earlier and held in place with 3 screws and captured nuts.
The rubber pads are 1/4” thick.
I tried posting photos of an exhibit I made years ago when my cab was removed from the frame for a total restoration. My iPad and the site software do not play well together for whatever reason. Instead, I will email you some photos that will show the wood block and dimensions and all the other hardware and installation sequence for the four attachment points on each side.
Send me a PM with your preferred email address.
Last edited by 46Sparky; 04/14/2018 12:26 AM.
| | |
| |
| |