The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (MNSmith, Otto Skorzeny), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#126063 05/10/2007 2:37 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
There have been a number of threads in which environmental issues have been brought up. There are those who have a cavalier attitude and I am sure there are many who simply aren't aware that there are laws governing whether or not or how you paint in your backyard. Instead of turning another thread into an environmental bashing, here's a list of the laws as they apply in each state along with phone numbers so you can make sure you are complying with what governs your locality:

Alabama: www.adem.state.al.us/AirDivision/AirDivisionPP.htm 334-271-7861
Alaska: www.dec.state.ak.us/air/index.htm 907-269-7634
Arizona: www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/index.html 800-234-5677
Arkansas: www.adeq.state.at.us/air/default.htm 501-682-0730
California: www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm 800-242-4450
Colorado: www.cdphe.state.co.us/ap/index.html 303-692-3100
Connecticut: www.dep.state.ct.us/air2/prgacti.htm 860-424-3026
Delaware: www.awm.delaware.gov 302-323-4542
Florida: www.dep.state.fl.us.air/Default.htm 850-245-2118
Georgia: www.gaepd.gov/Documents/index_air.html 888-373-5947
Hawaii: www.hawaii.gov/health/environmental/air/cab/index.html
Idaho: www.deq.state.id.us/air/prog_issues.cfm 208-373-0502
Illinois: www.epa.state.il.us/air/index.html 888-372-1996
Indiana: www.in.gov.your_environment/air_quality/index.html 317-232-8603
Iowa: www.iowadnr.com/air/index.html 515-281-5918
Kansas: www.kdheks.gov/bar 785-296-1500
Kentucky: www.air.ky.gov 502-573-3382
Louisiana: www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/tabid/68/Default.aspx 225-219-5337
Maine: www.state.me.us/dep/air 207-287-2437
Maryland: www.mde.state.md.us 410-537-3000
Massachusetts: www.mass.gov/dep/air 617-292-5500
Michigan: www.michigan.gov/deq 800-662-9278
Minnesota: www.pca.state.mn.us/air/index.html 651-296-6300
Mississippi: www.deq.state.ms.us/MDEQ.nsf/page/Air_Homepage
Missouri: www.dnr.mo.gov/env/apcp/index.html 573-751-4817
Montana: www.deq.state.mt.us/AirQuality/AQinfo.asp 406-444-2929
Nebraska: www.deq.state.ne.us 402-471-2186
Nevada: http://ndep.nv.gov/bapc/index.htm 775-687-9350
New Hampshire: www.des.state.nh.us/ard_intro.htm 603-271-1370
New Jersey: www.state.nj.us/dep/airmon 609-292-0138
New Mexico: www.nmenv.state.nm.us/aqb/index.html 505-827-1494
New York: www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dar/index.html
North Carolina: http://daq.state.nc.us 919-733-3340
North Dakota: www.ehs.health.state.nd.us/AQ 701-328-5188
Ohio: http://web.epa.state.oh.us/dapc 614-644-2270
Oklahoma: www.deq.state.ok.us/AQDnew/index.htm 405-702-4100
Oregon: www.oregon.gov/DEQ/AQ 503-229-5696
Pennsylvania: www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/airwaste/aq/default.htm 717-787-9702
Rhode Island: www.dem.ri.gov/programs/benviron/air/index.htm 401-222-2808
South Carolina: www.scdhec.net/environment/baq 803-898-4123
South Dakota: www.state.sd.us/denr/DES/AirQuality/airprogr.htm 605-773-3151
Tennessee: www.state.tn.us/environment/apc 615-532-0554
Texas: www.tceq.tx.us/nav/eq/eq_air.html 512-239-1000
Utah: www.airquality.utah.gov 801-536-4022
Vermont: www.anr.state.vt.us/air 802-241-3840
Virginia: www.deq.state.va.us/air 804-698-4000
Washington: www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/air/airhome.html
West Virginia: www.wvdep.org/item.cfm?ssid=8 304-926-0475
Wisconsin: www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/aw/air 608-266-2621
Wyoming: http://deq.state.wy.us/aqd/index.asp?pageid=8 307-777-7391

#126064 05/10/2007 2:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
Maybe someone in Canada can generate a similar list for our friends to the North.

#126065 05/10/2007 5:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
Nice list.

Thanks
Ed

#126066 05/10/2007 6:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
No problem. You'd be surprised in some areas how little it really takes for consumers/homeowners to comply with the letter of the law as it applies to them. To my mind it makes a heck of a lot more sense to know how to comply and have your info at hand, than to have mixed up $250+ worth of paint and have some local law enforcement agency knock on your door and shut you down wasting that mixed paint and possibly ruining what you were in the middle of doing. If you can turn around and show how you're meeting your local requirements, you'll stand a far better chance of getting back to the job at hand.

#126067 05/12/2007 3:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 467
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 467
been there been busted - with warnings thank heavens...

#126068 05/12/2007 5:43 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
robin58:

Your link to Kansas is for Kentucky.

Tony

#126069 05/13/2007 5:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
Oops. Sorry about that. It is fixed now and the missing link for Kansas is now included.

#126070 05/14/2007 5:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
Robin58

I went to the Iowa site and could not seem to see anything as it would apply to home painting, I was going to call the DNR and inquire. Is this the best Idea or am I opening a can of worms.

#126071 05/14/2007 8:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,445
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,445
many thanks for the info, but Rusty Rod doesnt do any of that stuff..


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#126072 05/14/2007 8:35 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Quote
Originally posted by dgallagher:
Robin58

I went to the Iowa site and could not seem to see anything as it would apply to home painting, I was going to call the DNR and inquire. Is this the best Idea or am I opening a can of worms.
I dunno, but I would bet "can of worms"


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#126073 05/14/2007 11:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
dgallagher, I found this hidden deep inside a pdf article on the site relating to spray paint:

Quote
b. Facilities which facilitywide spray one gallon per day
or less of sprayed material are exempt from all requirements

c. Facilities which facilitywide spray more than one gallon
per day but never more than three gallons per day are exempt from
all requirements
Seems you should be more than OK

#126074 05/15/2007 12:08 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 136
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 136
Anyone familiar with Colorado? I have spent at least an hour surfing the Colorado site and have not run into anything specific. However, I did run into a good article on spray guns that was accessed through the Colorado Environmental site. Oh yes, and I did read some rambling text(oops, I mean ordinance) regarding large commercial users.

I may just have to break down and call.

I hate to do this because I bet I could get ten different answers from ten different government employees. Some with an axe to grind against "environmental abusers"!

Ross

#126075 05/15/2007 1:00 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
the link for Illinois didn't work. 'Course I'm gonna paint it anyways! :p


Bill Burmeister
#126076 05/15/2007 6:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
Robin58
Thanks for the help. I still will be building plastic both with filters on incoming and outgoing air. Again thanks

#126077 05/15/2007 6:35 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
Quote
Originally posted by LONGBOX55:
the link for Illinois didn't work. 'Course I'm gonna paint it anyways! :p
Link works fine here.

#126078 05/20/2007 2:48 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 256
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 256
Robin,I got my auto air colors mag.in the Mail friday. I have been in the Paint Buisness for 30 years now,(house) and I have weened Myself off the Laqure and oils over the last 10 years.I am so happy that i can use a waterborne finish..The only toxic finish I still use is when I refinish bath tubs and sinks. Thanks for the info on auto air..M/G


HURRY UP AND WAIT 55 235 3/4
#126079 06/05/2007 3:49 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Next it will cover cow flatulence.


~Jim

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0