The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (PAUL Berardi, Phak1, DaveV, Cheapskate1229, Otto Skorzeny, carbking, Peggy M, Wayne67vert), 138 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,244
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
Have installed the side window rubber scrappers in Sparky. What a royal pain! They do not fit! Need to try a different part supplier. Recommendations will be appreciated.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
PM sent.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
I would be interested in knowing what the issue is/was, and the solution. I will be doing this area of my 41 this season (hopefully).


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
The rubber scrapes/sweeps fit so tight against the window glass and glass frame raising or lowering the glass is near impossible. The rubber is seated in the door panel and door channels correctly. It is a real hassle to install them and a real bummer when after all that struggle, to discover the effort was in vain! Had I thought to search here in the Stovebolt beforehand I might have avoided this problem. There was a long thread discussion in 2015 in the Stovebolt about problems the Advanced Design Truck guys were having with product differences. Apparently, the vendors offer different width rubber products. I have heard from two other ‘46 truck owners that used Jim Carter’s sweeps with success. I have ordered some from them and will give them a try.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
X
'Bolter
'Bolter
X Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
I just got done installing window seals and glass in my '36. The set I got from Chevs of the 40s (a Steele product) are WAY to big, as if they are for trucks from the 70's or something. The ones I got from Jim Carter's Oldchevytrucks.com are the correct smaller ones for your 1946!

Last edited by X-Farmboy; 04/11/2018 3:01 PM.

Daryl
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
Yes, that is what I discovered after talking to a couple other guys that experience the same headache. I intended to update the progress on that task. The JC product also fit in the channel a bit easier as well. Seems like for some rubber items Steele is the go to vendor and for others not so much.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0