Long time since I posted here. Had to get rid of my 70 C10 with a 292 a few years ago because of medical reasons and I hated to see it rusting in the driveway. I'm feeling better but not perfect so got the new toy. I plan on modifying it in a direction most won't do and some will cringe but it's my truck and if you don't like that you don't have to open the thread or read any further. I plan on making this my daily driver by next May but road worthy this spring. This will no longer be a farm truck. I'm thinking 8' bed, power disc brakes on all 4 corners, 700r4 trans, 2500 HD axles with 3.55/3.73 rear for starters. Right now just to make it roadworthy. The funky brakes are leaking vacuum so I have to play with that first.
That looks like one cool project. I've been contemplating something like it with some modern driveline as well as a drive on deck for the 52. Please keep us updated, I hope it comes together the way you hope!
Nothing is getting thrown out unless it's completely worthless and even then it might be good to someone who can patch it up and be better than what they had. I'm at 12 and Middlebelt.